Trigger Warning : if you have epilepsy, this is not recommended to play this game. If you play the web version, you may experience some lags.
This game has been made in two weeks time for the cat-boy/girl jam, meow!
Z/W to shoot. (Hold for continuous fire)
Arrows keys to move.
Hold Shift to move slower.
X to drop a bomb.
P to Pause.
Spacebar to confirm. (Menus)
Left joystick to move.
X to shoot
Square to drop a bomb
Hold R1 to focus
Options to Pause.
X to confirm (Menus).
What is "Last Neko" ?
Dodge bullets! Shoot bullets! "Last Neko" follows the story of the last catboy in a world where catgirls and catboys have been enslaved or slaughtered since a long time under the martial law of the Half-Dog Empire. You play as Katz, the last of his kind, a catboy kid who wants to prove he has the right to exist. And maybe to save the remaining catboys and catgirls along the way.
Last Neko features:
- Six levels of fast-paced action!
- Six challenging boss battles!
- Challenge and almost no dead time! If a moment is quiet, it is not really quiet!
- Retro pixel art design, mostly made with the palette of the good old NES!
- Chiptune soundtrack, made of 10 tracks!
- A catboy who pew pew pew!
Last Neko does not feature:
- Skill trees. The game is based on your skill and only on your skill!
- Grind. You will probably die, retry, die and retry again. That's fine! That's how things are working with danmaku! Learn the patterns and feel your skill improve along the runs!
- Complicated gameplay with tons of stuff to upgrade. Shoot, drop bombs, move forward!The only thing to upgrade is the knowledge of the game!
- Royalty-free and third party assets. Everything has been done by one developer and handcrafter with love!
- Fake difficulty. I worked the game design and iterated it a lof of times in order to avoid to do what you shouldn't do when you develop a danmaku. (that includes : color contrast between background and bullets, bonus drops hiding bullets, and stuff like that).
Last Neko has been done with:
- Microsoft Visual Studio (langage C#)
- FL Studio
- A lot of coffee and a lot of pizzas.
Note from le dev!
In the beginning, "Last Neko" was called "Neko Shooter". I am actually making this game for a game jam. Since this is my first game jam, it's kind of a challenge to me. I have to do a lot of stuff in very few time. And to top it off, this is the first time I am making a shoot'em up. And this is also the first time I am using Unity3d without a tutorial. So, no matter what comes out from this game, it is helping me to improve a lot! The goal is to make a game within three weeks, and since I'm happy with the results so far, I will surely be tempted to make a sequel, with more time to use, with more refined graphics!
Did you know?
I slightly modified the plot of the game just after what happened in Alebama in order to protest.
|Platforms||Windows, Linux, HTML5|
|Release date||May 23, 2019|
|Made with||Unity, Aseprite, FL Studio|
|Tags||Boss battle, Bullet Hell, catboy, danmaku, Difficult, manic-shooter, My First Game Jam, Pixel Art, Top down shooter|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Playstation controller|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Last Neko 2 (coming soon) : mute button + fullscreen + first preview.55 days ago
- About Last Neko 2: devlogging the manga way is fun!63 days ago
- Last Neko: I decided to work again on this project because I thought it was a go...69 days ago
- About a future project76 days ago
- Last Neko: Things to work on for the 2.0Jun 02, 2019
- Last Neko : When you realize you can post a HTML5 version and a downloadable ver...May 30, 2019
- Last Neko PostmortemMay 26, 2019
- 1.1.0 : Last Neko now supports PS4 controllerMay 23, 2019
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.